The 10 Most Glam Wardrobe Items. Ever.
The Metallic Dress
- Celebs with places to go and an unapologetic urge to stand out have long reached for the flashy cocktail dress. You can too—choose one of the latest gleaming silver styles or any shade that flatters your skin tone. (FYI: A hint of pink looks good on almost everyone.) Just remember to keep the legs bare-ish and the shoes low-key to avoid OD’ing on glitz.
The Pencil Skirt
- Sure, it’s your ever-faithful work go-to, but the pencil skirt is also one of the female bod’s BFFs. It traces the hips, hugs the booty and creates an hourglass waist—need we say more? Go knee-length for a classic feeling or shorter if you’re really feeling va-va-voom.
- Especially in their highest heel form, they’re total man magnets thanks to their hot scarlet hue (seriously, everything called scarlet is hot—think Johansson and the sexiest color known to woman and man). Red heels take confidence to pull off, but there’s payoff in all the compliments you’ll get. One catch: Mix them with a non-red something unless you’re prepared to take on the monochromatic trend.
- Were big sunnies actually invented to keep out the UV rays or to help celebs be a little more incognito? Either way, they lend a major dose of Hollywood star power to any gal who gets behind a pair—the bigger the better. And, yes, it’s OK even if your personal paparazzi and entourage consist of one best friend, combined. It’s quality not quantity, right?
- To each her own little black dress! Whether your little black dress is sleek and minimal or has tons of detailing everywhere, there’s no denying it’s a key object in every woman’s closet. Dress it up with your strappy sandals, or dress it down with a cozy cardi. No matter where you’re going, you’ve got a fail-proof recipe for 365-days-a-year-chic.
The Trench Coat
- Once a military uniform, now a staple for card-carrying fashionistas everywhere; if you don’t already have a great-looking trench, it’s worth splurging on the right coat. Our reasoning: Nobody’s looking at what’s underneath when you’ve got a perfect-fit, polished trench.
Long Silk Scarf
- Grace Kelly and her old-Hollywood pals made tossing a scarf over one shoulder look as cool as the icy diamonds they had dangling from ears and wrists. Today, the cool kids like Sienna Miller are pulling out retro-feeling silk scarves, and it looks just as good as it did the first time around.
- Yes, they’re denim, but in no way do skinny jeans fall into the schlumpy-weekend-clothing category. In super-dark washes and narrow cuts, they’re totally dress-code-appropriate, day or night. Bonus: They make a great after-eight alternative to black pants or a skirt.
- You don’t need tons of money to find fancy-looking chandelier earrings to add the finishing touch of glitz to whatever you’re wearing tonight. As with sunglasses, go as supersize and attention-grabbing as you feel comfortable with.
A Cocktail Ring
Even if it’s 100 percent fake (or “faux” if you want to adopt an equally glamorous Frenchy accent), a little light-catching bling makes a big statement. Word to the wise: If you’re going to wear a gobstopper-size cocktail ring, make sure your mani is up to snuff since everyone will be jealously eyeing your well-accessorized fingers.
According to Greek mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two faces. Fearing their powers, Zeus split them into two parts; condemning them to spend the rest of their lives in search of their other halves.
Make, Break and Replace.
When you got a good thing going on for you, of course you wanna keep it: in tact, in check, and simply make it last. And that’s exactly what I’m doing.
The only person I’m afraid to lose is him. Call it crazy of me. Call it “whipped.” Call it, psycho. WHATEVER- call it every name in the book. Never in my life have I ever felt “scared to lose a significant other,” up until when Michael walked into my life. He really is the love of my life. And, well, friends really do come and go- and I’m seeing so much of that lately. Anyone can be your friend; thats how life works- you make, break and replace friends. But you can’t go around in life making, breaking and replacing the “love of your life.” The love of your life is a one time thing- and he is that one time thing.
And it amazes me how, barely any of my friends understand this. I swear to you, I can count ON ONE HAND the amnt of people who see where I’m coming from. Too many people I know are too proud for love. Too many people in my life would gag at the idea of boy&girl love. Too many people in my life just dont get it.
But to the people who do, you know who you are, THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU.
Lost this Aldo Boy&Girl two finger ring.
Still managed to keep the ring part though :(
Found old necklace.
And yea. Love, Ingrid
“Pick any place on the map. Dont pack nothin. And we’ll tear up the malls wherever we are. I love you.” -Michael